Hillside Cemetery is well maintained 5 acre Township Owned Cemetery located in the SW ¼ of the SW ¼ of Section 26, T 48 N, R 39 W, in Stannard Township, MI. The Cemetery is located at the end of paved Cemetery Road, to get there from Bruce Crossing travel 1 mile east on M-28 from Bruce Crossing, then go 1 mile south on Cemetery Road.
The vacant lots are for sale at a cost of $100 per lot for Stannard Township residents (Stannard Township landowner or full time resident) and $200 per lot for non-residents. Hillside Cemetery has about 5 more acres of expansion room available on Township owned property to the east from the east edge of the existing plated areas.
As of 2014 approximately 1060 people are buried in Hillside Cemetery. The 1st person buried in this cemetery was Irving Ahola in 1928. Approximately 200 empty lots are available and platted, they have the corners marked with permanent monuments.
To obtain information about, burials, cemetery records, and lot purchases contact the current Cemetery Sextant – Bruce Gibson (906-827-3434).